6 ways of making a comfortable home for an Indian Ring-Necked Parakeet!
Everyone wants to feel cozy and convenient at home. Similarly, making a comfortable home for an Indian Ring-Necked parakeet is a must when you are petting one! Your bird wishes the same too. Parakeet could be extremely fun-loving and compassionate in nature, if their surroundings are positive, they enjoy a good diet and can live very comfortably.
Parakeet as a pet commonly lives in a cage. Therefore, there are some necessary components that must be included while making a home for them. Make sure you are able to meet up with all the demands and major requirements that help to make a happy home for an Indian Ring-Necked parakeet.
1. The cage should be spacious and less congested
Parrots need a sufficiently larger cage to move around comfortably. A spacious and non-congested environment helps them to grow in a healthy manner. A small cage makes them confined within a small environment which is not good for physical as well as mental health of a bird. Therefore, make sure when you bring your parrot home, they make an easy to move around and adjustable area for your pet. Avoid placing too many things. It makes the cage look congested.
Check out this link for getting a suitable and cheaper cage for your pet. https://www.amazon.in/dp/B084G5DZFZ/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_BTz.EbKAGS23R https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07Y8CB77Y/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_2Tz.Eb455NY2N
2. Fix a rod or a swing so that he can sit on and relax.
Other than providing a larger area, a home for an Indin Ring-Necked Parakeet should also include an appropriate seating position. It helps them to eat, sit, sleep on it, and relax. Birds usually sleep while sitting, placing their feet on a surface. Therefore, a fixed rod or a swing is often preferred for making a comfortable sitting position for them.
3. Make a flat surface to place a food bowl over it
When you are making a home for an Indian Ring-Necked Parakeet, make sure you provide a flat surface inside their cage. It helps them for placing their food bowl over it and eat in a more relaxing position. Like we use a dining table for eating, similarly, parakeets also need one!
4. Make a covered shelter
Parrots also demand privacy. Many times they prefer to hide in a cozy environment and find their own peace. Also, while breeding, they choose to lay their eggs in a covered shelter. It gives them a secure and calm environment.
5. Clean the cage every day
A parakeet’s health largely depends on their health and hygienic conditions. It is necessary to keep the cage neat and tidy on a daily basis. Often because of the leftover food, insects, and bugs can make the environment polluted and stinky. Therefore, make sure while you thoroughly keep the environment clean.
6. Place the cage in the natural and social environment
Parakeets are wild birds. However, a parrot as a pet also prefers a natural environment like natural birds. Therefore, while making a suitable home for an Indian Ring-Necked Parakeet you need to keep this thing in mind. So try placing a cage in a natural environment that gives them fresh air and natural vibes. In addition to that, always try to keep the cage in a social environment, where he can always spot you and other members of your family.
Pros and Cons of keeping a bird in a suitable and healthy environment
As it is highly recommended to fulfill the major requirements of the living conditions of the bird, it becomes a necessity to do so. It can help the parakeet to live happily, and lead a healthy life. Here are some pros and cons of keeping a bird in a natural and healthy environment.
- Parakeets as pets tend to live longer or given a dynamically suitable living environment. If you are making a home for an Indin Ring-Necked Parakeet, try including all the major components for their healthy life.
- They are majorly in a happy mood with the good vibes of their surroundings.
- It nurtures their physical growth.
- It helps them to eat, sleep, and relax comfortably.
- During the process of breeding, they feel secured and protected.
- They become less aggressive.
- A natural environment like a windowpane helps them to witness the neutral beauty, other birds, get fresh air, and receive sunlight.
- An interactive and social environment also helps them in keeping indulged and connected to all the members of the family. They communicate and remain happy most of the time.
- A bad living condition affects their mental health.
- It also hinders their physical growth.
- Out of irritability, they tend to become more aggressive and indulge in biting, nipping, etc.
- Dirty unhygienic conditions attract insects and bugs and increase the chances of infections, bug bites, and medications.
- The cage may get stinky because of the leftover food. It further irritates them.
- If kept lonely and away from family, they can be depressed and sad.
- An unnatural environment may suffocate them.
While making a convenient and suitable home for an Indian Ring-Necked Parakeet, quite a few necessary factors should be kept in mind. Everyone wishes to live comfortably throughout their whole life where one can eat and relax according to their convenience. Your bird wishes the same. If they enjoy the pleasant surroundings, half of their mood already brightens up, also lightening the mood of their surroundings. Happy Petting!:)